Lubricant Price Increases
With the cost of raw materials (base oil, additives) used in the manufacturing of lubricants continuing to rise, together with higher packaging and transportation costs, and extraordinarily tight supply of additives, we are once again looking at increases in the price of finished lubricants.
The most recent price increases include:
- SOPUS: Implement a finished lubricant price increase of up to 19%, effective August 2, 2021.
- Safety-Kleen: Increasing prices on all lubricants and related products by up to 15%, effective with orders shipped on or after July 30, 2021
- Drydene Performance Products: Implementing a price increase of up to 12% on most products. The adjustment is effective on July 12, 2021.
- Omni Industries: Implementing a price increase of up to 18% on all lubricants and chemicals. The increase is effective on July 1, 2021.
- Calumet Branded Products: Implement a price increase of up to15% on finished lubricants. The increase is effective July 26, 2021. The increase excludes TruFuel®, Royal Purple® and the Bel-Ray® Specialty branded products.
In July, many lubricant blenders in the US will be implementing a sixth round of price increases in 2021. When taken together, they move the price of finished lubricants up by more than 80%.